Aims, Values & Ethos
At Halstow Primary School we aim to encourage children to develop intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally, creatively, morally and spiritually. This has been particularly pertinent during the Covid-19 pandemic.
To achieve this we aim to;
Motivate children to:
apply skills and knowledge to investigations and real-life situations.
- aspire to their highest potential
- have a high self esteem and achieve work of high quality
- respect the school and other members of the community
Provide an environment which:
- has high expectations of work and behaviour and celebrates children's achievements
- is stimulating, challenging, happy and safe
- values co-operation and collaboration between staff, parents/carers and children
- promotes equality of opportunity, tolerance and respect for others
- recognises potential talents in all children and cultivates them
- welcomes children with Special Educational Needs and seeks to include them in the life of the school
Encourage children to:
- Speak confidently, discuss, initiate, question, and explore be independent
- Be self-motivated and develop a desire for learning
- Have high self-esteem and be confident
- Be open minded and sensitive to the feelings of others
- Participate in activities within and outside the curriculum
The aims of the school underpin all that happens in school. This includes the spiritual, moral, social, and cultural development of children as well as their development as successful learners. We set high expectations for children in terms of behaviour, social development, and their learning targets, teaching them to take responsibility for their own learning and development.